the profile of the Refuge System and getting more funding to
address the Refuge System's needs, these are the main goals
of CARE. You can help make that possible through the following
- Visit your local refuges, and bring along family and
friends! Whether you are engaged in fishing, hunting, wildlife-watching,
wildlife photography, environmental education, or environmental
interpretation, the refuges are the ideal places to be.
- Connect with the Friends Group at the refuge of your
choosing. Many of the Friends Groups, with links to their
websites, can be found using this
Friends Group locator map.
- Get your organization (e.g., community, conservation,
or social) to support the work of your local refuge. And
find ways to connect the refuge to local community events
(e.g., business, schools, etc.).
- Write letters to your local paper concerning the daunting
funding issues surrounding the Refuge System.
- Send a letter about the federal funding of refuges to
your Senators and Representative in Washington DC. (See
for a model.)
- Send a letter to your Senators and Representative in
Washington DC about the importance of funding for the refuges
after the hurricanes of 2005. (See here
for details.) Look here if you need the address for your
members from the Senate